My name is Simone and I am a rising sophomore studying Mechanical Engineering and a D1 athlete on the women’s rowing team. I am originally from Madison, WI. I love understanding how things work and taking stuff apart, and I am excited for in-person classes next semester. I would like to use what I learn in school to contribute to making the world more sustainable. The classes I most enjoyed my first year student year were PHYS 151 and ENGR 105 because they required a lot of problem solving and applied thinking, and I am looking forward to taking MEAM 201 next semester to learn how to machine. Other things that I enjoy are biking, pottery, spending time outside, and cooking.
Hey! I’m Josh Nouriyelian and I’m a rising senior majoring Computer Science and doing an Accelerated Masters. I will also be the Phi Cohort Fellow this summer! I’m originally from Long Island, NY (Great Neck to be more specific) and have really enjoyed my time at Penn so far. Around campus, I’m involved with the Penn Engineering Council/PEC, Alpha Epsilon Pi (AEP ), Penn Illusionist, Penn Persians, and the OCP (Orthodox Community at Penn). Coming to Penn has been the best decision of my life and I can’t wait for you guys to experience it!
If you have any questions about CIS, college life, or about any of my involvements feel free to shoot me an email.
Hey everyone! I am a rising junior from Illinois studying Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering and Business Analytics. On campus I am involved in the Engineering Deans’ Advisory Board (EDAB), Consult for America (CFA), Wharton Undergraduate Healthcare club (WUHC), and the Engineering Student Activities Council (ESAC). I have also been part of a research group at CHOP studying epigenetics. In the future I hope to explore the intersection of healthcare and business. In my free time, I enjoy improving my calligraphy, playing tennis, and trying all types of pasta at restaurants. I look forward to meeting you all!
– I’m a rising junior studying computer engineering with a math minor
– I’m a podcast junkie — fellow NPR nerds should definitely hit me up!
– Boba and standup comedy is the cure for all emotional ailments.
– I am a saber fencer on Penn’s team.
– Android > iPhone. Fight me, but be wary of the bullet point above.
– Though I was born and raised in New Jersey, I can speak without an accent as well as read and write in Russian thanks to my parents’ Herculean efforts to enforce a “no-English” rule in the house.
– I’m a part of AOE, a social and professional sorority for women in STEM.
– Professionally, I am currently most interested in autonomous vehicles, and I plan to submatriculate into a masters program at Penn to better position myself for that field.
Hey Team! I am Serena Gandhi, a third-year DMD student (’22), and a CGGT submatriculant (’23). When I’m not a student, I teach middle and high school students, as well as serve as a TA for graphics classes at Penn. When I really want to get away from the classroom, you can find me teaching fitness classes through Pottruck, doing crosswords, crocheting/knitting, or cooking something yummy! I am vegetarian, and I have lots of great recipes and dining recommendations for your time at Penn. Let me know if you want to play tourist around Philly, and I’ll let you in on all the great spots! Finally, I have a lot of experience with physical and mental wellness@Penn resources. Please ask me about staying healthy and growing as an individual during your university experience!