Academic Drop from the University

If a student on probation, or one who has received an official warning, continues to do unsatisfactory work, they can be dropped by the school.  According to University rules, a student who is dropped ends their affiliation with the University.

In certain situations, the student may appeal the drop decision in writing to the Research and Academic Services Office at  Examples of an extenuating circumstance includes a documented hardship unknown to the Academic Performance Committee or significant improvement in the student’s academic record.

Please note that courses taken elsewhere while on drop status may not be transferred to Penn.

After a minimum of one year, the former student may request a return from academic drop status.